Please 'like' the Great Lakes Regional Health Equity Council page to help in the goal of achieving health equity!
The Michigan Minority Health Coalition is a statewide consortium dedicated to developing strategies, creating partnerships and influencing public policy initiatives that will improve the health status of Michigan's ethnic and racial minority population, as defined by the Michigan Office of Minority Health. MMHC seeks to build a model of community partnership and engagement that will:
- Provide education on issues related to minority health and health disparities.
- Facilitate communication among organizations involved in minority health issues.
- Translate community concerns into concrete public health strategies.
- Participate in the identification, collection and translation of communities.
- Train individuals from minority communities to become better advocates concerningissues that impact their health and health care.